Spotlight on Madora Bay!
09 Apr 2019
The first stage of the original Madora Bay residential locality was subdivided in 1960 with Madora Beach Road being constructed during 1959. The first stage consisted of the land bounded by Sabina Drive, Challenger, Albion and Madora Beach Roads. Over the following years other stages were developed both north and south of Madora Beach Road. The name Madora was chosen for the estate by the late Harry Perry being a variation of Chadora, a timber siding east of Dwellingup and Mandora, a cattle station near Broome. He also named the street names after early sailing ships that conveyed settlers to Western Australia. The name of the estate was changed during the 1970s by the developers from Madora Beach to Madora Bay as it was considered more attractive from a marketing perspective. Madora Bay is now one of the most highly sought after suburbs in Mandurah, primarily because of its beachside location and ease of access to Perth. Located just 10 minutes north of Mandurah, the suburb is...